THIS PAGE MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. MEANING WE RECEIVE COMMISSIONS FOR PURCHASES MADE THROUGH THOSE LINKS, AT NO COST TO YOU. PLEASE READ OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Credit Shout may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
The Cabela’s Club Visa credit card is a retail rewards card designed for the Cabela’s Club frequent traveler or shopper. This credit card allows cardholders to earn reward points from their credit card purchases with no annual fee. Cabela’s is the World’s Foremost Outfitter of hunting, fishing and outdoor gear. The company produces nearly 100 different catalogs per year, including specialty books focusing on such outdoor pursuits as archery, fly-fishing and boating, as well as massive Spring and Fall Master catalogs. So there is always plenty of things an avid outdoorsman will want to purchase.
Better Than the 'Official' Card
Editor’s Note: For earning rewards at Cabela’s, we now highly recommend recommend the Discover it™ card (read our review here), which we believe is much better than the Cabelas Club Visa card. This is because in addition to giving you rewards on your Cabela’s purchases, you can earn up to 5% cash back on every day purchases like on gas, groceries and at stores like Cabela’s. The Cabela’s Club Visa only allows you to earn rewards on purchases that you make at Cabela’s, which severely limits the amount of rewards you can actually earn. Discover also created an online portal for their cardholders called ShopDiscover [Ed’s Note: Now Discover Deals] where they have partnered with over 100 retailers to give big discounts. If you have a Discover it Card, you can earn 5% cash back when you shop at Cabelas online through the ShopDiscover portal. The Cabelas card gives you 2% back on in store purchases only. As you can see in the picture above, The Discover it card is offering 5% cash back on all online purchases from Cabelas – with the Club Visa you only earn 1 point per dollar which equates to about 2% back when shopping at Cabelas.
Cabela’s Credit Card Review
World’s Foremost Bank is the issuer of Cabela’s Club Visa. Cabela’s Club is an outdoor gear and travel club. Its credit card allows cardholders to earn reward points from their credit card purchases. These reward points can then be redeemed for Cabela’s catalog items and merchandise. You can earn double points with any Cabela’s purchase. You also get a lower APR for any Cabela’s purchase that you make. To provide support for their co-branded credit card, which was started in 1995, Cabela’s chartered the World’s Foremost Bank, N.A., in 2001. The bank provides customer service, risk management and payment processing exclusively for Cabela’s Visa cardholders.
How This Card Works
You earn two points for every dollar you spend on Cabela’s purchases and one point for every dollar you spend on other purchases. You can earn unlimited points and they do not expire as long as your account is in good standing. You can redeem your points anytime for Cabela’s merchandise. New cardholders get 1,000 points. It’s important to remember that with this card you ONLY earn points when shopping at Cabelas. In our opinion this severely limits this cards rewards program and makes it somewhat impractical for most shoppers.
- $15 off upon approval: By taking just a few minutes to fill out our brief application below, they give you $15 in CLUB Points to use on your purchase upon approval!
- Earn more FREE gear with every charge: 2% back for all purchases at Cabela’s. 1% back everywhere else Visa credit cards are accepted (gas, groceries, etc.).
- Points Redemption is easy: It’s easy to redeem your points through cabelas.com, any Cabela’s store or any of our catalogs – just tell them! No restrictions on what you can redeem points for – anything Cabela’s sells is fair game. There is no limit on points and they never expire on accounts in good standing. No annual fee.
- FREE Online Services: Access to exclusive CLUB offers not available to the public; Easy online banking features – make a payment, view your current activity, request statement information and much more! Download transactions to Quicken or Microsoft Money
Fees & Other Fine Print
There is no annual fee for the Cabela’s Visa. There are a few APR’s to be aware of. Firstly, the APR for Cabela’s purchases is a fixed rate at 9.99%. The purchase APR for non-Cabela purchases is prime rate plus 7.99%, but the APR cannot go lower than 12.99%. The APR on balance transfer is higher at prime rate plus 11.99%. The Cabela’s Visa Card uses the average daily balance method for computing balances and has a grace period of 20 days.
The Bottom Line
- Earn double points on Cabela’s purchases
- No caps on points
- Points do not expire as long as account is in good standing
- No annual fee
- Different APR for non-Cabela purchases
- Weak Overall Rewards Program
- Not Much Better Than Your Standard Store Card