Editorial Discloser: Opinions expressed here are authors alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Credit Shout may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
If you ride a Harley, one of the Harley-Davidson cards might be just what you’re looking for. They offer 3 separate credit cards, all of which earn rewards and some pretty nice benefits. Here’s the scoop to help you decide if a Harley-Davidson Visa will work for you.
Regardless of which card you’re considering, all include the following benefits:
- Purchase Security, which offers up to $5000 coverage on qualifying purchases if they’re stolen or damaged by fire, vandalism or water within 90 days of purchase.
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, which is a secondary form of coverage that kicks in after your primary insurance pays out. This coverage applies when you rent an eligible vehicle.
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement, which offers up to $5,000 in coverage when you buy a ticket on a common carrier and use your Harley Davidson card.
- Hotel & Motel Burglary Reimbursement, which covers you up to $1,000 for your personal property when you charge a room to your card.
Harley Davidson Visa Signature Card
This card is the top tier with the best benefits and rewards. There’s no annual fee, although you’ll need excellent credit to qualify. You can also customize your card with any picture you like — even your own bike. Points can be redeemed for certificates and 2,500 is equal to $25 in Harley Chrome Cash.
- 3 Harley Chrome points per $1 at Harley Davidson dealers, 2 points per $1 at gas stations, restaurants, bars or lodging and 1% everywhere else. There is no limit to how many points you can earn.
- No pre-set spending limit.
- Roadside Dispatch for your car or motorcycle. While the call itself is free, you do need to pay for the assistance.
- Visa Signature concierge to get assistance with reservations, gift ideas and more.
- Travel Accident Insurance on common carrier travels up to $1,000,000.
- VIP guest status at more than 800 hotels. Visa Signature benefits also include discounts and more through the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection.
- Get a chance to win a new Harley motorcycle with one entry earned for every $1 spent.
Harley Davidson High-Performance Visa Card
This card has fewer benefits but it’s much easier to qualify for and you can still customize your card.
- Earn 1 point per $1 spent.
- $10 Harley Chrome Cash certificate when you sign up.
- Travel Accident Insurance on common carrier travel.
- An annual fee may be $0 or $29, depending on your credit.
Harley Davidson Visa Secured Card
This card is actually interesting because it’s one of the few secured cards that actually have a rewards program — and one of the very few with no annual fee. This card is designed for people who are building or re-building their credit and you’ll earn 1 point per $1 spent.
Your credit limit will be equal to your security deposit (between $300 and $5,000). You’ll even earn interest on your security deposit, which is a nice surprise.
They will also review your account after 12 months to determine if you can upgrade to another card without securing your credit line. You’ll also still earn that $10 Chrome Cash certificate when you open your account and get the auto rental collision damage waiver benefit.
Know This BEFORE You Apply!
Before you apply, make sure you understand the fine print. Your Harley Chrome points will expire 3 years after they’re earned (on December 31st of the expiration year) and your Harley Chrome Cash certificates expire 180 days after they’re issued. Your rewards are only issued in the form of Harley Chrome certificates, which can be spent at H-D dealerships.
Yes, the rewards program is restrictive in that you can only earn certificates for H-D dealerships, but if you’re applying for a Harley Davidson card that’s probably what you’re after, right?
The Visa Signature card is definitely a great option with nice benefits and rewards while the Secured card is rare and unique, offering rewards and no annual fee — something you just don’t see every day. Whether you’re trying to build your credit or you have a sterling credit score, the Harley Davidson cards are a good pick.