THIS PAGE MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. MEANING WE RECEIVE COMMISSIONS FOR PURCHASES MADE THROUGH THOSE LINKS, AT NO COST TO YOU. PLEASE READ OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Credit Shout may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Annual Fee: $0
Rewards Program and Signup Bonuses*:
- Earn a $50 statement credit after making your first purchase
- Earn 1% in rewards dollars on all your card purchases
- 0% Promo APR for the first six billing cycles following the purchase date on select Disney vacation packages or purchase of a real estate interest. (After that, the regular APR applies, which is currently 16.49%, variable.)
- Special Disney discounts and perks
- Choose your own card design
This is an okay option if you love Disney.
Yes, you receive special financing when you book cruises and vacations, earn Disney rewards points, and receive discounts at Disney theme parks and online stores.
However, we believe that the Disney Premier Visa® Card is a better option - despite the fact that it comes with a $49 annual fee. We explain why below.
With the Disney Rewards Visa you will earn a $50 statement credit after your first purchase and 1% back in rewards points.
The rewards points, naturally, can only only be redeemed for a host of Disney merchandise, theme park tickets and other Disney related products. and more.
On top of that, when you use this card to book Disney cruises or vacations, you can expect a 0% APR for 6 months. After that, the regular APR for this card will apply.
There are also some nice Disney and Star Wars specific perks offered by this card.*
No, you will not be an honorary cast member, you you will get to enjoy:
- Disney Character Experience at our private Cardmember location at the Disneyland® and Walt Disney World® Resorts
- Save on select merchandise purchases, dining most days and select guided tours at the Disneyland® and Walt Disney World® Resorts
- Save on select merchandise purchases at Disney Store and DisneyStore.comDisney Store and DisneyStore.com
- Star Wars Character Experience at our private Cardmember location at the Disneyland® and Walt Disney World® Resorts.
- 10% off select Star Wars merchandise purchases of $50 or more at select locations at the Disneyland® and Walt Disney World® Resorts
There are some conditions and limitations to these perks. But nothing too onerous.
Why We Prefer Disney Premier Visa® Card
I know there perks and benefits do not sound too bad for a no-fee card.
But you get all this and more by stepping up to the Disney Premier Visa® Card.
With the Disney Premier Card, you can now earn a $200 statement credit after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. On top of that, you can get a $50 Disney gift card when you add an authorized user in first three 3 months after account opening.
Combine those two welcome offers, and you can pay for four years of annual fees and still have the same net welcome offer ($50) as the no fee version.
But wait, there's more.
You will also get the opportunity to earn 2% in reward dollars on card purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants and most Disney locations. (And 1% on all other purchases.)
Plus, the Premier version allows you to use your rewards dollars towards airline travel.
The Bottom Line
The bottom line is simple. This is definitely one card where the version with an annual fee is the superior card for everyone.