THIS PAGE MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. MEANING WE RECEIVE COMMISSIONS FOR PURCHASES MADE THROUGH THOSE LINKS, AT NO COST TO YOU. PLEASE READ OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
[#Chase_Continental_Review#]Verdict: The Continental Airlines OnePass® Plus Card offers generous travel rewards that can be redeemed for miles on Continental Airlines, as well as hotel stays or car rentals. As a World MasterCard, it carries a host of handy benefits. However, the annual fee is not waived the first year and there is no introductory APR.
If you travel a lot and are loyal to Continental Airlines, this credit card is a good one to carry, but, otherwise, you may want to consider a travel rewards card with no annual fee and/or a lower APR. You’ll need excellent credit to receive this card, which means you have your choice in credit cards and may be able to find a travel rewards card that fits your needs better.
Overview: MasterCard is widely accepted across the world, and the World MasterCard is known as one of the tops in the line. The interest rate of 15.24% should be lower for a card designed for people with excellent credit, but if you pay your balance in full by the due date, you can save money while earning rewards for business trips, vacations and more.
How this Card Works: In order to apply for the Continental Airlines OnePass Plus World MasterCard, you must first be a member of Continental Airlines’ frequent flyer program, OnePass. You’ll need excellent credit to obtain this card, which is issued by Chase. If you don’t qualify for the OnePass Plus World MasterCard, you will be considered for the Platinum MasterCard version of the One Pass Plus card, with different fees, interest rates and rewards.
This card works just like any other travel rewards MasterCard. Earn miles for each purchase, which can be redeemed for airline tickets through Continental Airlines, and hotel stays or car rentals booked through continental.com/carandhotelrewards. You can use a combination of miles and your Continental Airlines OnePass Plus credit card for car rental and hotel stays, as well as for airline tickets.
As a member of the OnePass frequent flyer club and a cardholder, you’ll enjoy various travel benefits and more.
Rates and Fees: This card has a 14.24% variable interest rate, and a 19.24 % APR for cash advances and overdraft advances. There is an $85 annual fee.
- Late Payment: up to $35
- Returned payment/returned check: up to $35
- Over-the-limit fee: None (just pay the portion of your balance that exceeds your credit limit by the due date)
You’ll receive 1 mile for every $1 in purchases, with many opportunities to earn bonus miles. Rewards can be redeemed for Continental Airlines tickets, car rentals and hotel stays.
Here are some of the ways you can earn bonus miles:
- 25,000 bonus miles after your first purchase (enough for one round-trip ticket anywhere Continental Airlines flies in the continental U.S. and Canada)
- Earn 10,000 bonus miles when you spend $25,000 on your card in a year
- Earn double miles when you buy Continental Airlines tickets on your card
- Earn double miles on all ShopOnePass purchases made with your card
Benefits: Chase bank, World MasterCard and Continental Airlines’ OnePass frequent flyer program team up to offer extensive benefits for cardholders.
Some of the benefits include:
- Get your first bag checked free when you fly Continental Airlines
- Two President’s Club passes each year you use your card
- Two Travel Discount certificates each year you use your card (for a purchase, cash advance or balance transfer
- Zero liability on fraudulent purchases
- All the benefits of a World MasterCard, including purchase protection, emergency travel assistance and more