THIS PAGE MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. MEANING WE RECEIVE COMMISSIONS FOR PURCHASES MADE THROUGH THOSE LINKS, AT NO COST TO YOU. PLEASE READ OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Citi Simplicity® Card
Annual Fee: None
Credit Required: Good
Rewards Program and Signup Bonuses*:
- The only card with no late fees, no penalty rate, and no annual fee...ever.
- 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 21 months. After that, the variable APR will be 13.24% - 23.24% based on your creditworthiness.
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- The same great rate for all balances, after the introductory period.
- Save time when you call with fast, personal help, 24 hours a day - just say "representative".
- Enjoy the convenience of setting up your own bill payment schedule on any available due date throughout the month.
0%* for 21 months*
Intro Balance Transfer
0%* for 21 months*, plus 3% Transfer Fee
13.24% - 23.24* Variable
Do you often forget to mail your credit-card payment on time? Have you occassionally made a purchase that puts you over your credit card's credit limit?
If so, you might want to consider the Citi Simplicity® Card. It's a basic credit card that won't charge you fees or hike your interest rate when you go over your limit or miss a payment due date.
How the Simplicity Card Works
The Citi Simplicity Card is a basic, no-frills credit card.
That doesn't mean, though, that it doesn't come with perks.
The card offers a limited-time zero percent interest rate offer on both purchases and balance transfers. And it boasts no annual fee.
Also, we say that no late fees or over-your-credit-limit charges is a good thing.
However, the interest rate attached to this card is rather high. So be careful when you do miss a payment. You will not suffer a fee or a rate hike. However, your credit card balance will rise fairly quickly if you forget to make your monthly payments.
Shopping and Travel Benefits
The Simplicity card is not a rewards card. So you will not earn rewards points with your purchases.
The biggest benefit of the Simplicity card? If you're the type of consumer who struggles to remember credit card due dates, you can save a significant amount of money in lage fees.
The Simplicity card comes with no annual fee.
It also boasts a 0 percent interest rate on all new purchases and balance transfers. However, there is a transfer fee equal to 3% of your balance (and no less than $5).
While there are no late fees, the card does charge a returned-payment fee of up to $35.
- No late fees
- No over-your-credit-limit fees
- Introductory 0 percent interest rate offer
- No rewards program
- Fairly high interest rate