THIS PAGE MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. MEANING WE RECEIVE COMMISSIONS FOR PURCHASES MADE THROUGH THOSE LINKS, AT NO COST TO YOU. PLEASE READ OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
This card is no longer available
Chase Ink Plus® Premium Business Rewards Card
Annual Fee: $95
Credit Needed: Excellent
Rewards Program and Signup Bonuses*:
- Earn 5X points per $1 on the first $50,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on cellular phone, landline, internet and cable TV services each account anniversary year.
- Earn 2X points per $1 on the first $50,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and hotel accommodations when purchased directly with the hotel each account anniversary year.
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases—with no limit to the amount you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Chip-enabled for enhanced security at home and abroad when used at a chip card readerEmployee cards at no additional cost
Intro Balance Transfer
15.49% Variable on Purchases and Transfers
For good reason, the Ink family of business credit cards from Chase are hugely popular with small business owners. We surveyed several business owners who use Chase for all their financial needs - payroll, banking, and credit cards.
Those owners love the accelerated rewards they are able to earn through the Chase Ink Business Plus, and the flexibility to transfer their rewards to frequent flier programs, or take cash back rewards. And the ability to take advantage of 20% off pricing with Chase Ultimate Rewards® travel partners helps too.
Rewards Program Explained
With the Ink Plus, you will earn rewards points that you can redeem for cash or through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
In addition to the signup bonus points you can earn with Ink Plus, you can regularly earn rewards points as follows*:
- 1 point for each $1 you spend, as you spend it.
- 4 additional points (to bring your total to 5x) for each $1 on the first $50,000 spent on combined purchases at office supply stores and on cellular phone, landline, internet and cable TV services - earned each annual account anniversary.
- 1 additional point (to bring your total to 2x) for each $1 on the first $50,000 spent on combined purchases at gas stations and hotel accommodations when purchased directly with the hotel each account anniversary year.
- Plus, you can earn extra rewards from partner merchants when you shop online through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
By letting you a total of 5x rewards points on office supplies, cell phones, and internet, you are able to accumulate a lot of bonus points in categories where your business is guaranteed to spend a lot of money.
Another great benefit of Chase Ink Plus is you can combine your business card rewards with all other rewards you earn with eligible Chase cards. And, since your rewards points will not expire as long as your account remains open, you can stockpile a lot of points if you are saving up for a big trip.
Redeeming Your Rewards
Redeeming your rewards points through Chase Ultimate Rewards® provides you with some great options. And, since the lowest redemption options available still offer you $0.01 over point, you do not have any bad redemption options. In fact, we consider Chase to offer one of the best programs around for redeeming rewards points.
With Ink Plus®, you can take advantage of 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs (such as United, Southwest, Virgin Atlantic, British Airways, Hyatt, and Marriott).
You can also redeem points for vacation packages, cruises or fly any class on most major airlines. Redeeming points for travel packages means there are no restrictions or blackout dates on airfare booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
And you will be able to get 20% off airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises when you redeem your points through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, a $625 flight requires just 50,000 points (which is equivalent to $500 cash back).
You can redeem for cash back as a statement credit to apply toward your balance, or get it directly deposited to most U.S. checking and savings accounts. Cash back redemptions are at a 1:1 value starting at 2,000 points for $20 cash back.
Shop with Points on Amazon
Through Chase's partnership with Amazon.com, you can instantly redeem your points to pay for all or part of the your eligible Amazon purchases (including tax and shipping).
- Redeem your points for gift cards from major retailers.
- Redeem rewards for adventures like golf lessons or scuba diving.
Additional Card Benefits
Other benefits built into the Ink Plus card include*:
- 20% off travel when booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- No foreign transaction fees on international purchases.
- Purchase Protection covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft, up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account.
- Extended Warranty Protection extends the time period of the U.S. manufacturer's warranty by an additional year, on eligible warranties of three years or less.
- Return Protection reimburses you for eligible items that the store won't take back within 90 days of purchase, up to $500 per item, $1,000 per year.
- Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance protection covers you if your trip is canceled or cut short by sickness, severe weather and other covered situations. You can be reimbursed up to $5,000 per trip for your prepaid, nonrefundable travel expenses, including passenger fares, tours and hotels.
The Bottom Line
Chase Ink Plus is a great card for any small business owner. But we especially recommend it for business owners who can take full advantage of the discounts available by booking travel through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel program. Just make sure your preferred travel partners are included.
- Great rewards program lets you earn lots of rewards points
- Flexible reward redemption options
- 20% off travel booked through Chase
- No foreign transaction fee
- Annual fee ($95)
- Requires excellent credit
- Have to wait for annual anniversary to receive rewards bonus
- No intro financing period
Last Updated: January 26, 2016