THIS PAGE MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. MEANING WE RECEIVE COMMISSIONS FOR PURCHASES MADE THROUGH THOSE LINKS, AT NO COST TO YOU. PLEASE READ OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Credit Shout may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Good business credit cards are hard to find. With no annual fee and a generous rewards program that gives you bonus “ThankYou points” on purchases of items business owners frequently buy, the AT&T Universal Business Rewards card is one of the best of its kind.
The AT&T Universal Business Rewards card, issued by CitiBank, is designed to develop loyalty for AT&T customers by offering 5X ThankYou points when you shop for AT&T products and services through the company website.
You also get 3 ThankYou points when you buy things like office supplies and gasoline from selected merchants, and 1 ThankYou point for every other dollar you (or your employees) spend.
A personal business assistant to help you with travel arrangements and other tasks, along with 24-hour customer service by phone, are just a few of the other perks that come with this card.
Small business owners will also appreciate the health care discounts offered by this card, including 10 to 60% off prescriptions and plans that provide discounts on vision and dental care.
You also get free cards for your employees — and you can set the credit limits for each card (up to your total credit limit).
Most noteworthy, however, is the fact that this card has no annual fee and a zero percent introductory APR for six months, 16.99% variable after that.
How this card works:
This credit card lets you earn up to 5X ThankYou points, redeemable for cash, merchandise and gift cards through the ThankYou Network.
You can pay your bills online through www.citicard.com, and also have access to a number of other financial management benefits, including quarterly and annual account summaries broken down by employees, spending category and amount.
The card has a grace period of not less than 20 days if you pay your total new balance in full each billing period by the due date.
There is no annual fee on this card and no fee for additional employee cards. The card does not permit balance transfers.
The AT&T Universal Business Rewards card offers a very generous rewards program. You can start redeeming points online for merchandise, gift cards or cash back when you earn 1000 points. (If you’re purchasing AT&T businesses and services, you’ll reach 1,000 points after spending only $200.)
The Rewards structure is as follows:
- AT&T products and services: 5 ThankYou points for each dollar
- Gas, office supplies, professional services: 3 ThankYou points for each dollar spent
- All other purchases: 1 ThankYou point
You will not receive bonus thank you points are purchases made from warehouse and discount clubs or convenience stores.
You can earn up to 100,000 ThankYou points during any calendar year (from January – December). ThankYou points expire three years from the end of the month in which they are earned.
Numerous benefits set this card apart, putting it in the same class of business cards with triple-digit annual fees. Here are just some of the perks you’ll enjoy with the AT&T Universal Business Rewards credit card:
- Prescription drug discounts (also available for employees for $10/mos.)
- Optional vision and dental discounts for $8.95/mos.
- Travel and emergency assistance
- Automatic travel accident insurance
- Car rental insurance
- Additional employee cards available at no cost
- Quarterly and annual spending statements
- Free personal business assistance to help book travel, make dining and entertainment arrangements, gather business information and provide referrals for office and administrative needs
The Bottom Line:
Just to sum up, here is what you get with the AT&T Universal Business Rewards Card:
- Generous rewards program on items business owners purchase regularly
- 24/7 customer service
- Personal business assistant services
- Prescription drugs, dental and vision discounts available
- No annual fee
- Zero percent APR for six months
- Travel insurance
- 20-day grace period, as opposed to 25, offered by most cards
- Citi can revoke the rewards program at any time, with 30 days notice, leaving you with only 90 days to redeem your points
- High 16.99% variable APR after 6 months