THIS PAGE MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. MEANING WE RECEIVE COMMISSIONS FOR PURCHASES MADE THROUGH THOSE LINKS, AT NO COST TO YOU. PLEASE READ OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Credit Shout may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
On the downside, the American Express Blue for Business Card does not offer the potential for a large sum of bonus points early on. Other cards offer tens of thousands of bonus points to those who hit a certain spending mark during the first three months or so. Additionally, the points system is somewhat restrictive, leaving most purchases to earn one point per dollar spent unless they are through American Express or their chosen merchants. Although the card offers savings on purchases, those purchases must be through select merchants, leading to another restrictive feature of this card.
This card offers one to 10 points per dollar spent. There is no limit to the amount of points that customers may accumulate and the points never expire. Also, this card offers purchase protection and travel perks. We’ll explore all of this and more.
The American Express Blue for Business Card offers up to 10 points per dollar spent at membershiprewards.com. It also offers 2 points per dollar spent at American Express Travel. All other purchases earn one point per dollar spent.
In addition to earning points, this card allows customers to earn account credit when It is used for travel. Customers who use the card to book a vacation that is worth at least $3,000 in a given year will receive a $100 account credit. Also, customers will receive 3 to 10 percent in savings when this card is used at OPEN Savings partners.
Customers have access to a 24/7 hotline for medical, legal, financial and emergency assistance when they are over 100 miles from home. Customers also have the benefits of roadside assistance and travel accident insurance. Additionally, baggage insurance and auto rental insurance are covered with this card.
This card also offers multiple forms of purchase protection. These include the following:
- Eligible purchases are covered from damage and theft for up to $1,000 per occurrence for 90 days after the purchase with a $50,000 annual limit
- Up to a one year extension on the manufacturer’s warranty on each eligible purchase that covers up to $10,000 or the value of the item, whichever is less ($50,000 annual limit)
- Identity theft assistance
We’ve seen the features of this card. Now, let’s check out the interest rates and fees:
- 0 percent purchase APR for 6 to 12 months, depending on creditworthiness
- Variable purchase APR after the introductory period
- Variable APR for cash advances
- Variable APR for penalties
- Fee of $5 or 3 percent on cash advances, whichever is greater
- Fee of 2.7 percent on foreign transactions
- Up to $35 late payment fee
- No over the limit fee
- $35 returned payment fee
- No annual fee
- No annual fee
- 0 percent purchase APR for 6 to 12 months
- Up to 10 points per dollar spent
- No large sum of bonus points is available early like those found in other credit cards
- Unless purchases are made through American Express and their chosen merchants, customers will generally earn one point per purchase
- Credit RequiredExcellent Credit
- Rewards Program2 points per dollar spent through Amex travel and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases.
- Signup BonusN/A