Editorial Discloser: Opinions expressed here are authors alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Credit Shout may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Alaska Airlines Credit Card Review
If you’re looking for an airline credit card with plenty of perks, you found it with the Alaska Airlines credit card. This rewards credit card offers airline miles like your typical airline miles credit card, but with some pretty great benefits. Check out our Alaska Airlines credit card review to see if it’s right for you.
Issued by Bank of America, the Alaska Airlines credit card is a good match for those who travel the west coast and who fly with a companion. The credit card has a $75 annual fee and pays 3 miles per dollar on Alaska Airlines tickets and 1 mile per dollar for all other purchases.
Alaska Airlines Credit Card Rewards
In our Alaska Airlines credit card review, we wanted to be sure to highlight the amazing rewards this card offers. While you only get 1 mile for regular purchases, Alaska Airlines pays 3 miles per dollar spent on Alaska Airlines purchases, but that’s not the best of it.
Alaska Airlines offers Companion Fare, which is fare for a companion traveler starting at $121 on your card anniversary (each year). This is the reason most cardholders take this card – it pays for itself with the savings on companion fare.
Pros and Cons of the Alaska Airlines Credit Card
- Companion fare pays for itself, especially if you fly to high-cost areas, such as Hawaii
- Earn a $100 statement credit and 40,000 bonus miles just for signing up
- You and up to six passengers traveling with you each get one free checked back each flight
- Earn 20% cash back on purchases made on your Alaska Airlines flights with your Alaska Airlines credit card
- No foreign transaction fee
- Save 50% on Alaska Airlines airport lounge passes
- Every cardholder pays the $75 annual fee
- Low rewards for anything but Alaska Airline tickets
- No flexible benefits like other cards offer if you won’t use the main benefit like the Companion Fare
How to Apply for Alaska Airlines Credit Card
Click here to apply for the Alaska Airlines credit card. It takes less than a minute to complete the application and within 60 seconds you’ll have an answer. If approved, you can use the card instantly to book your flights and earn miles.
Alaska Airlines Credit Card Review Bottom Line
The Alaska Airlines credit card is a great option for anyone who travels the west coast often and travels with someone. The savings on companion fare once a year more than pays for the annual fee, plus you’ll enjoy nice rewards.
At only $75 a year, it’s a steal compared to other cards, which makes up for the lack of bonus rewards other airline credit cards offer for purchases other than airline purchases. If you wonder if this credit card is right for you, let our Alaska Airlines credit card review guide you through the benefits of this card, even if it’s one of a few cards you carry.