THIS PAGE MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. MEANING WE RECEIVE COMMISSIONS FOR PURCHASES MADE THROUGH THOSE LINKS, AT NO COST TO YOU. PLEASE READ OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Credit Shout may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Q: What credit card did CreditShout choose for your small business? And why?
A: A fair question from a reader!
We chose the Capital One Spark Cash Select card, which provides 1.5% cash back on all purchases and a 0% intro financing offer.
Here is what we were looking for:
- We wanted cash-back rewards that we could use to help business cash flow.
- We do not have the opportunity to charge that many expenses to our card, so we wanted one with no annual.
- We wanted a card with an introductory financing offer, which would also help us out with cash flow. (Without this signup offer, we always pay our bills in full each month.)
Our opinion was that the Spark Cash Select business card best fit this combination.
Our Runner-Up Card Actually Offered More Cash Back
The other business card we considered was the Chase Ink Cash. And, in fact, we could have earned more cash back because of the accelerated rewards program offered by Chase .
However, Ink Cash would only have yielded us $16 more cash back (we also only spend a modest amount on our card), with a lot of the difference not being realized until the annual anniversary. This is because the bonus categories offered by Chase only are realized at the end of each 12-month period.
Another point in favor of Spark Cash Select is we can redeem any amount at any time. With Chase, we would be required to wait until we earn $20 of rewards (requiring $2,000 of spending).
Please note that at the time of this article, both Ink Cash and Spark Cash Select both offer the same signup bonus rewards.
If you are looking for additional resources for selecting a business credit card, we recommend checking out the following:
- Best Business Credit Cards (this article is regularly updated!
- Best Credit Cards for New Businesses
- Credit Cards for a Start Up Businesses
- Maximizing Your Small Business Credit Card Rewards
We hope these resources help you keep your venture open for business!