Editorial Discloser: Opinions expressed here are authors alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Credit Shout may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
We had another reader write in telling us that they’re been trying to access their Capital One account online, but can’t seem to get through. So, what can they do?
Keep reading to find out!
Q: “Why Can’t I Access My Capital One Account?”
A: Follow these steps!
If you are having problems accessing your account, you will want to go to the Online Banking Support page.
- You can access this here, or by going the the Capital One website and clicking “Online Banking Support” under the Customer Service drop down menu.
- On that page there are options such as a phone number to call and options to retrieve your forgotten account ID and password.
- The phone number for online credit card support is 1-866-750-0873.
- If you have a checking or savings account with Capital One, the number to call is 1-877-442-3764.
- Try to call during non-peak hours, when customer service representatives will not be as busy. A good time to call would be early in the morning or in the evening. Lunchtime is often busy.
Just a reminder that representatives that are not as busy will be more patient with you. When you call, make sure you have your information ready, such as your account number, and explain what the problem was.
Try not to get angry; the person you are speaking with has no control over whether the company’s website is working or not. If they cannot help you, ask to speak to a supervisor.
Contacting Capital One directly is the best to resolve the ‘why can’t I access my capital one account’ question! Hope you’re chat with them goes smoothly.
While waiting on the phone to get through to a customer service rep, read some of the other resources below!