THIS PAGE MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. MEANING WE RECEIVE COMMISSIONS FOR PURCHASES MADE THROUGH THOSE LINKS, AT NO COST TO YOU. PLEASE READ OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Trying to decide between the World MasterCard and the Visa Signature? Both offer a host of perks that are sometimes difficult to compare, especially when these benefits can vary depending on the credit card you choose.
Here’s a run-down of the benefits you can expect from each program, and a comparison of the perks that each offers.
Visa Signature: Benefits That Can Save You Hundreds?
Visa Signature credit cards like Capital One Venture come with a host of automatic benefits, including 24-hour concierge service, emergency assistance and rental car insurance. Trips purchased with your card will also qualify for lost luggage reimbursement and travel accident insurance.
If you stay at high-end hotels like the St. Regis in New York, you can book through Visa’s website for a guaranteed best rate. You’ll get free room updates, continental breakfast, late checkout, a $25 voucher for in-hotel food and beverages and your choice of Wi-Fi or valet parking.
This can easily add up to $100 per night on a typical booking. Many Visa Signature cards are offered through affiliate hotels and airlines, so you’ll also get additional benefits depending on the type of card you select.
You’ll also get Purchase Security to cover theft and damage of purchases, Warranty Manager Service to extend warranties and Price Protection that guarantees the best price on your purchase for 60 days.
World MasterCard: Does it Fall Short?
Many World MasterCard credit cards, like those offered by CitiCard, are offered through hotel and airline affiliates.
These cards come with Price Protection, which guarantees the price you’ve paid is the best for 60 days post-purchase, Extended Warranty to double your original manufacturer warranty up to 1 year, trip cancellation insurance and lost luggage reimbursement.
Here’s Why Visa Signature is The Better Choice…
Boiling it down, given the choice we would choose a Visa Signature card over a World MasterCard. The main reasons are:
- Better warranty extension – Warranty extension through Visa applies no matter the length of the original warranty and doubles it to a maximum of one additional year. With Mastercard, the warranty extension only applies of the original warranty is 1 year or less.
- Book through Visa – With a Visa Signature card, you can book travel through the Visa website to get a guaranteed best deal. There is no booking option through the Mastercard website.
- Airport parking guarantee – Get a guaranteed parking space at over 40 Thrifty Car Rental facilities.
- Better travel program – Get free room upgrades, rental car privileges and other perks when you book a trip.
- Roadside dispatch – 24-hour referral dispatch network through Visa.
In conclusion, although the World MasterCard program does have benefits, the Visa Signature program offers better perks for travelers, including the ability to get a guaranteed best rate when you book through Visa and the free room upgrades when you check in.