You don’t see as many Diners Club credit cards these days. Apparently, however, the cards are still alive and kicking. So there is some alternative to Visa, MasterCard, and American Express cards. Who knew?
Here are some things you may not know about Diners club credit cards:
- They can be used wherever MasterCards are accepted – at over 24 million locations around the world.
- The company maintains its own Club Rewards program where cardholders can redeem points for air travel, hotel stays, dining, and much more.
- The Diners Club Carte Blanche Card offers members access to and amenities at some of the world’s finest golf courses worldwide.
- The Diners Club Carte Blanche Card oversees a program which allows you to rent a free cell phone wherever you are in the world. (This actually would probably come in handy if I was in Europe or somewhere exotic, especially with AT&Ts international rates.)
- If you use the Diners Club Carte Blanche Card to book a full-fare premier economy or business class seat from the U.S. or Canada to London and beyond on British Airways, you get a companion seat absolutely free.
Even with these perks, would I get a Diners Club card over an American Express or Discover Card?
Not a chance. But it’s interesting and somewhat surprising that the cards are still around.