Alaska Airlines Miles Plan is the loyalty program for customers who use the products and services of Alaska Airlines and its Alliance members /Global Partners. You can travel, shop, rent a car, dine, book hotels, among other daily activities, to get rewarded. The everyday nature of these activities- coupled with the ever-growing list of partners, makes it an effortless way to earn free miles for travel.
Benefits to buying miles
Mileage Plan members enjoy attractive deals when they buy air services, car rentals, financial services, hotel services, or other products and services. Here are some selected benefits as examples. You get to enjoy:
- Double the air mileage when you order a hand-arranged bouquet from Teleflora.
- Up to 60% off many surprise bonuses when you buy air miles.
- 20% back on all Alaska Airlines inflight purchases and Companion Fare every year.
- Up to 50% elite qualifying miles if you fly with Alaska Airlines between now and June 30, 2021.
- (50,000) miles when you purchase or lease a SunPower solar system.
- (4) miles on every dollar spent with GetYourGuide.
- (2,250) miles when you buy six (6) bottles of wines from Vinesse.
- (5,000) miles on your first five(5) boxes from Home Chef.
- Up to 10,000 miles per night when you book hotels.
- (3) miles for every dollar spent on your first booking for a pet sitter on Rover.com
- (500) bonus miles when you rent one or more days with Hertz.
- (100) miles per day and low rates when you rent for days with Thrifty.
- A bonus 5000 miles when you refer someone for an Alaska Airlines consumer visa credit card. (You can check our previous blogs https://creditshout.com/blog/best-airline-credit-cards/ and https://creditshout.com/blog/best-travel-credit-cards-guide/ if you are interested in knowing about other fantastic credit cards from other airlines)
- More attractive offers
Earn and Share Alaska Mileage Plan
How it works
Once you buy services or products and earn a mile reward of 5000 miles, you can redeem your reward.
When you earn 20,000 accumulated miles, you get to earn miles faster and receive other benefits that include rewards such as:
- Priority boarding
- Two complimentary bags checked for you –and companions on the same reservation- for free.
- Access to preferred seating, dedicated customer service phone lines, and more.
Using your rewards
When you are awarded, you’re not limited to using the award to fly only with Alaska Airlines, but you can also fly with its partners to thousands of destinations worldwide. You are still required to first book all award travels through Alaska Airlines.
Other ways to use earned miles
Miles you earn are not limited to travel purposes alone. You can redeem miles through non-travel partners. You have the option to use miles to book hotel stays with Alaska Airlines Hotels- paying for the entire stay with miles (if you’ve earned enough) or using a combination of miles and cash.
You can also use earned miles in exchange for magazines from top publications.
After you’ve built up enough mileage in your account, you can decide to share some of it with friends or loved ones. You may share with non-profits- to be used for good in society. You can also buy Mileage Plan miles for friends and loved ones- or reward your customers/employees with award travel.
Buy Alaska Airlines Mile
Not traveling enough to earn? Don’t worry, you still have another way to get miles. You can buy miles and earn from over 850 retailers. You have the option to buy from online sites or physical ones and pay with your linked cards. Alaska Airmiles will add miles earned for purchases from these retailers to your Mileage Plan account.
You can also pay for upgrades on Alaska Airlines –within 24 hours of flight departure- online. For instance: if your earned mileage is not enough to get you a First-class flight ticket, you can pay the difference to earn a first-class ticket.
With the many ways to earn Alaska Air Miles, you’re well on your way to travel freedom with an Alaska Mileage Plan.