If you’re a member of Navy Federal Credit Union — dedicated to handling the finances of former and current members of the U.S. Navy — you’re eligible to apply for the Navy Federal Credit Union nRewards credit card.
Our advice? Do it.
This is a solid rewards card that comes with a low purchase interest rate.
Because this card comes with such a low purchase interest rate — depending on the health of your credit, of course — this is a solid card for consumers who struggle to pay off their monthly credit-card balance each month.
The low interest rate will help keep your debt in check while you work to pay it off.
How This Card Works:
This is a fairly standard rewards card.
You’ll earn rewards points with every purchase that you make with the Navy Federal Credit Union nRewards card.
Once you’ve earned enough points, you can redeem them for gift cards, merchandise, travel benefits or cash back.
Travel & Shopping Benefits:
You’ll earn one rewards point for every dollar that you charge with this card.
Once you reach 2,000 rewards points, you can begin redeeming these points for merchandise, gift certificates and other items.
The Navy Federal Credit Union Web site provides some examples:
- For 2,000 points, you can earn a $10 gift card from Starbucks or Applebee’s.
- For 3,500 points you’ll qualify for a $25 gift card from Best Buy or the iTunes Music Store.
- For 7,000 points, you’ll be able to nab a $75 Gap or Navy Federal Visa Awards card.
The main selling point of this card is its low purchase interest rate, which, like all of the credit cards offered by this military credit union, is far below that of most mainstream credit cards.
If your credit is solid, you can qualify for the nRewards card with a purchase interest rate as low as 8.99 percent.
The card also comes with no annual fee.
The Bottom Line:
- Solid rewards program.
- Low purchase interest rate.
- No annual fee
- Rewards program does not provide higher rewards points for any purchases.
- Must earn 2,00 rewards points before you can earn rewards.