Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card
Annual Fee: $0
Credit Required: Good
Rewards Program and Signup Bonuses*:
- Get 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 21 months. After that, the APR will be 12.24%-22.24% based upon your creditworthiness.
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer.
- 24/7 access to Citi® Concierge for help in booking hotels, flights and more.
- $0 liability on unauthorized purchases and Citi® Identity Theft Solutions.
- No annual fee
- Free access to FICO® Scores
0%* for 21 months*
Intro Balance Transfer
0%* for 21 months*, plus 3% Transfer Fee
12.24% - 22.24* Variable
The Citi Diamond Preferred card doesn’t offer any rewards (the Citi Diamond Preferred Rewards card was discontinued several years ago). Still, this card is recommended, if you’re planning to transfer a balance.
That is because the Diamond Preferred MasterCard offers an 21 month 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers. That is one of the longest intro periods in the industry.
On top of that, the Diamond Preferred card has no annual fee.
Balance Transfer Offer
The Citi Diamond Preferred card is one of the best balance transfer cards available if you’re trying to save on interest charges and pay down a high balance.
The card currently offers an introductory 0% APR for 21 months on balance transfers and purchases, with a variable APR of 12.24% to 22.24% afterward.
You will still need to pay a balance transfer fee of 3% of the transfer. But there’s no annual fee.
While it doesn’t have a rewards program, the Citi Diamond Preferred card comes with great member benefits. These perks inclide
- Special access to ticket presales and VIP packages with Citi Private Pass
- 24/7 access to personal concierge and Citi Easy Deals, - including access to online deals at stores like Gap and CVS.
The card includes several popular types of shopping benefits, including some benefits for frequent travelers:
- Extended Warranty, which adds an extra year to your warranty of 5 years or less when you make an eligible purchase
- Damage & Theft Purchase Protection, which covers purchases against theft and damage for 120 days and up to $1,000 per item
- Worldwide Car Rental Insurance
- Trip Cancellation & Interruption Protection that reimburses you for non-refundable trip expenses
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Travel and Emergency Assistance to help with travel arrangements, legal or medical referrals and more
- Enjoy global acceptance and improved security with EMV chip technology.
The Citi Diamond Preferred is one of our top rated cards for zero percent APR offers and balance transfers. This makes the Citi Diamond Preferred card a great choice if your primary concern is saving money on interest, whether you are going to transfer a balance or finance a large purchase.
It has no rewards program, but comes with some nice perks that make it stand out over no-frills cards.
- No annual fee
- 0% introductory APR on balance transfers and purchases
- Citi Easy Deals, a savings program with online deals at brands like CVS and GapPersonal concierge
- Extended Warranty and Purchase Protection
- Rental insurance, trip cancellation and interruption protection and other travel benefits
- 3% balance transfer fee (although this still isn’t the highest)
- No rewards program