Amazon Rewards Visa Card
Annual Fee: $0
Credit Needed: Fair
Rewards Program and Signup Bonuses*:
- Get a $30 Amazon.com Gift Card* instantly upon credit card approval
- Earn 3% Back at Amazon.com
- Earn 2% Back at gas stations, restaurants and drugstores
- Earn 1% Back on all other purchases
- No earning caps — No point expiration
Intro Balance Transfer
14.49% to 22.49% Variable on Purchases and Transfers
The Amazon Rewards Visa card is good anywhere Visa is accepted and is a great option for those who want a rewards card and shop often on Amazon.com. With its easy to use cash back rewards, it's no wonder the Amazon credit card makes our list of Top Store Credit Cards.
Amazon Rewards Visa Overview
Like many cash back credit cards, The Amazon.com Rewards Visa earns points on all purchases.
For every $1 spent with your Amazon.com Rewards Visa card you earn 3 points for all purchases at Amazon.com, 2 points for purchases at gas stations, drug stores, and restaurants, and 1 point for everything else.
The chief benefit is that every point can be redeemed for $0.01 (i.e., every 100 points is worth $1) directly at the checkout window on Amazon.
Additionally, you can log on to your Chase account and make the following redemptions:
- 5,000 points can be redeemed for $50 cash or a BP, Shell, Avis, Hertz, Marriott, or Hyatt gift card.
- 6,000 points can be redeemed for 5,000 British Airways miles.
- 15,000 points can be redeemed for $150 off an airline ticket.
- 25,000 points earns a roundtrip ticket within the contiguous United States.
- 45,000 points earns a roundtrip ticket to Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, Mexico, or the Caribbean.
- When you reach 50,000 points you can redeem it for a roundtrip airline ticket to Europe.
- Finally, 75,000 points is enough for a roundtrip ticket to Asia, South America, or Central America.
Personally, I just use my points to help save on books. But that is a personal choice.
The APR is very low on this card and there's no annual fee.
This card earns points on every purchase, explained later. You can redeem these points starting when you have 2,500 for a $25 gift card. The rewards you earn can be as high as a roundtrip ticket to Asia or Europe.
There is no annual fee. But that is where the fees stop being cheap, unless you qualify for the lowest available APR.
The APR for the Amazon.com Rewards Visa card is a variable 14.49% - 22.49% APR, depending on your creditworthiness.
The APR for balance transfers is the same as that for purchases. The transaction fee for balance transfers is 5% of the amount, not less than $5.
For cash advances, a variable APR of 25.24% applies. The transaction fee for balance transfers is 5% of the amount, but not less than $10.
The overdraft advance APR also is 25.24%.
The grace period is at least 20 days.
Late payment fees are $15 for balances under $100, $27 for balances between $100 and $249.99, and $37 for balances $250 and over.
The Bottom Line
The Amazon Visa is not just a great store card - it is a great cash back credit card. And it comes with no annual fee. However, you need to watch out for the fees (which is pretty much true of all credit cards).