Editor’s Note – April 22, 2015: We now recommend these great credit cards by Discover®:
– Discover it® for Students: | Read the Review Here
– Discover it® Miles: | Review Coming Soon
And these Discover® Credit Cards reviewed below are no longer available:
- Escape by Discover®
- Miles by Discover®
- Discover® Student More Card
- Discover® Open Road Card
An update to this post is coming soon.
From a single card introduced in 1986 (and originally owned by Sears), Discover now has a broad array of credit cards to fit a variety of consumer lifestyles. This article looks at some of the company’s top offerings.
- Discover More (Cash Back)
- Escape by Discover (Travel Rewards)
- Miles by Discover (Travel Rewards)
- Discover Student Card (Student Cash Back)
- Discover Open Road (Gas Rewards)
Ranked the best cash back credit card out there hands down” by CreditShout, Discover More remains at the top of our list. With a 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months*, no annual fee, 5% Cashback Bonus®* in categories that change*, and 5 -20% Cashback Bonus at over 150 top retailers through Discover’s online shopping mall there’s a lot to like about this card. You can also choose from more than 150 different designs for your card, a nice bonus that’s not offered on every card.
For frequent travelers, Escape by Discover® Card is well worth the $60 annual fee*.
You’ll accrue 2 miles for every dollar you spend. You’ll also earn 2 additional miles (for a total of 4 per $1) in the ShopDiscover.com store. For the first 25 months, you’ll get an extra 1,000 miles each month you make a purchase. You can redeem the miles for travel credits, gift cards or cash, and can book travel through any airline, travel agent, or travel website.
Additional travel benefits include:
- Travel Delay Insurance
- Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Primary Car Rental Insurance
- Lost or Damaged Luggage Insurance
Looking for a card with great travel benefits and rewards but want to avoid an annual fee? Miles by Discover® Card might be for you. The bonuses aren’t quite as good as the Escape card, but a number of factors make this a good all-around credit card.
- Earn double Miles on your first $3,000 in travel and restaurant purchases each year, 1 mile for every $1 on other purchases
- Earn double Miles through ShopDiscover.com
- No travel booking restrictions
- Redeem Miles for travel credits, gift cards, or cash
For students looking for Cashback rewards and no annual fee, the Discover® Student More Card makes the grade. This card is basically the same as the Discover More Card with a higher APR because of the fact that it’s a student card and easier to get approved for.
- No annual fee
- 5% Cashback Bonus in categories that change.*
- Up to 1% unlimited Cashback Bonus on all other purchases.
- 5-20% Cashback Bonus at Discover’s exclusive online shopping mall.
Have wanderlust? Love to get into the car and just drive for a weekend? You’ll want to take this Discover card with you on the Open Road. The ideal card for anyone who travels by car (for business or pleasure), Discover® Open Road Card gives you double Cashback Bonus on the first $250 in purchases each month at gas stations and restaurants. Get up to 1 % unlimited Cashback bonus on all other purchases. And, like the other Discover rewards cards, you can earn 5 to 20% Cashback through ShopDiscover.com.